[Pdns-dev] pdns process is getting defuncted

Jitendra KumarGupta jitendrakrgupta_powerdns at rediffmail.com
Tue Feb 15 09:48:49 CET 2005

  Hello List,
            I have recently installed the Powerdns but the problem is that the process pdns_server gets defuncted.when I check the pdns status by doing:
 # /etc/init.d/pdns status
6553: Child running on pid 8931
and again when i do the same:
# /etc/init.d/pdns status
6553: Child died with code 1
I have also checked by doing ps -A and have found :
8827 ?        00:00:00 pdns_server <defunct>
Please help me out as I am completely a newbie to powerdns.
when I installed it a day before it worked well and all the tests of doc.powerdns.com.My system configuration is Fedora core 2.
Also please tell me where are the logs of powerdns made.
Thanks in advance for your valuable help.
Bye
Jitendra