[dnsdist] PowerDNS DNSdist 1.9.1 released

Remi Gacogne remi.gacogne at powerdns.com
Thu Mar 14 13:17:10 UTC 2024

Hello!

We released PowerDNS DNSdist 1.9.1 today. This version brings no
functional changes, and only bumps the version of the Quiche library we
use, to incorporate a recent security update [1], fixing CVE-2024-1410
[2] and CVE-2024-1765 [3]. This applies only if you configured incoming
DoQ or DoH3 using the addDOQLocal() or addDOH3Local() functions. If you
are not using our packages but are building DNSdist from the source code
with DoQ or DoH3 support enabled, you will have to make sure your
version of Quiche has been upgraded to 0.20.1.

Please see the DNSdist website [4] for the more complete changelog [5]
and the current documentation. The upgrade guide is also available there
[6].

Please send us all feedback and issues you might have via the mailing
list, or in case of a bug, via GitHub [7].

The release tarball [8] and its signature [9] are available on the
downloads website, and packages for several distributions are available
from our repository [10].

[1]: https://github.com/cloudflare/quiche/releases/tag/0.20.1
[2]: https://www.cve.org/CVERecord?id=CVE-2024-1410
[3]: https://www.cve.org/CVERecord?id=CVE-2024-1765