[dnsdist] setDOHLocal/setTLSLocal?

Pieter Lexis pieter.lexis at powerdns.com
Fri May 1 17:40:50 UTC 2020

Hi Mark,

On 5/1/20 5:56 PM, Nejedlo, Mark via dnsdist wrote:
>> From: Pieter Lexis via dnsdist
>> On 5/1/20 5:23 PM, Nejedlo, Mark via dnsdist wrote:
> I did read the docs.  addXXXLocal is not equivalent to setLocal.
Specifically, the config reference page specifies addLocal, addDOHLocal,
addTLSLocal, and setLocal in the Listen Sockets section but not
setDOHLocal or setTLSLocal.  The pages you referenced are silent on
setXXXLocal as well.  I simply wanted to find out if this was a
documentation defect or if I needed to file a feature request.

Ah, I didn't properly read that. There is no setXXXLocal indeed. I
believe it was decided to not have them because listen addresses cannot
be added at runtime anyway. But feel free to open an issue on GitHub if
you have a good reason for these functions to exist.

Cheers,

Pieter

--
Pieter Lexis