[dnsdist] Define out-of-band IP to reach carbon server

Leo Vandewoestijne dnsdist at dns.company
Tue Aug 13 15:40:55 UTC 2019

Hi,

I'm running dnsdist inside a virtualized host, which has anycasted IP's and out-of-band IP's.
Using nc I can reach my carbon server BUT have to define the source IP.

Now I wish to have dnsdist sent data to metronome.
So I assumed using "setLocal" would define the main IP, and so set the out-of-band IP.
Whatever I do; put it before or after addLocal, or use addLocal (first and last), dnsdist can't reach the carbon server.

What information am I missing to get more success?

--

Met vriendelijke groet,
With kind regards,

Leo Vandewoestijne